This Privacy Statement outlines how Eloque Pty Ltd (‘Eloque’) manages Personal Information.
When we refer to “Personal Information” we refer to information or opinion, whether true or not, about an identifiable individual, in any form.
The kind of Personal Information we collect and hold
We may collect and hold different information about an individual. This can include, but is not limited to, an individual’s name and contact details (including addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers).
How we collect Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information from an individual in a number of ways, including:
- directly from the individual (including when making a Freedom of Information request, contact Eloque about a matter, participate in a Eloque survey, or you buy, lease or otherwise acquire an interest in an asset owned by Eloque);
- from third parties (such as agencies to Eloque for advice and response);
- from third parties we may disclose information to (such as to other authorities for the purposes of providing feedback and answering queries if that authority is better able to respond to a comment, query, enquiry or complaint); or
- when legally authorised or required to do so.
We will only collect Personal Information to the extent that it is necessary or directly related to its functions. Where it is lawful and practicable, individuals will have the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions with Eloque.
How we hold Personal Information
We may hold an individual’s Personal Information in hard copy or electronic format, in physical or electronic storage facilities that we own and operate, or that our suppliers own and operate. Eloque will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access modification or disclosure.
Personal Information may be held by Eloque for the minimum retention period required in accordance with the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic).
How we use Personal Information
Eloque will only use or disclose Personal Information for the purpose which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time it was collected, unless:
- the individual has consented to, or an ordinary person would reasonably expect that his or her Personal Information would be put to another related use; or
- authorised or required by the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic), the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), or other laws that apply to Eloque.
When we disclose Personal Information
Eloque may disclose Personal Information about an individual:
- where the individual consents to the disclosure;
- to third parties who provide services to us (such as property managers and information technology and network services providers);
- to an individual’s authorised representatives or advisors;
- to other service providers from or through whom you may acquire products or services (for example, we may need to disclose your Personal Information for billing purposes);
- for the purpose of facilitating or implementing a transfer of an interest in land from or to an individual; or
- where the use or disclosure is required by law, or where the recipient is subject to a law similar principles to the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth).
It is unlikely that Eloque will disclose the information to recipients overseas.
How to access or correct Personal Information or make a privacy complaint
Eloque will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information and Health Information, collected from a person or another organisation is accurate, complete and up to date.
People can contact the Eloque Privacy Officer to request access to, and correction of, their Personal Information held by Eloque. Eloque will take reasonable steps to correct and update any Personal Information that is established to be inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date.
If a person believes that their Personal Information has been used by Eloque in a manner contrary to the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) or the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), they may contact the Eloque Privacy Officer.
Eloque Privacy Officer
The Eloque Privacy Officer is the Company Secretary of Eloque who may be contacted as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
People can also contact the Victorian Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection for more information or to complain about how Eloque has used a person’s personal information (www.cpdp.vic.gov.au).